I have been involved in advocacy for the glbt Christian community for over five years; I offer these observations that I hope you will consider as valuable insights to help bring understanding.
An open letter to Moms and Dads of glbt youth. You may be struggling to understand where sexual orientation and Christianity intersect. Perhaps this will give you insight so that you can best navigate this as a family.
If you just want to jump to the links on the five sections of Scripture used in discussing Christianity and homosexuality, go to the links directly below. You will be linked to long blogposts (it is important to give each section appropriate study) and an associated video with each section of Scripture. All the links […]
[Order “Hurt By Church? Get a Str8 Apology Here” on this page. ] When an idea comes to me on a hiking trail (AKA my “sacred space”) I most often count it as a good idea. My mind is relaxed and I have no distractions. I would soon be heading down to San Francisco for […]
The Ten Lies about the GLBT Community Told by Conservative Hate Groups | A Straight Christian Perspective
The Family Research Council was placed on the Southern Poverty Law Center list of Hate Groups. Is it because they are conservatives and the GBLT debate does not like what they say, or are they really hateful and tellers of lies that hurt people?
To try to quantify, if you could actually do it, sexual orientation and gender identity, there are two different scales that are generally used in the assessment: the Kinsey Scale and the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid (KSOG). Neither is definitive. Those that feel and need the warm, comfy fuzzies of “knowing” will not like this: […]
We lump the GLB and T communities together, but are the issues the same? All want equality and freedom to live as they were created to be, but the issues are not the same. For the GL and B people, it is about sexual attraction. For Transgenders, the issue is gender identity. What do you […]
“Loosen the chains of injustice, untie the cords of the yoke, set the oppressed free and break every yoke. Then you will be called Repairer of the Breach.” Isaiah 58
The mission of Canyonwalker Connections is to repair the division that exists between social and Christian conservative and the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community through education, training, and dialogue in both secular and religious environments.
Canyonwalker Connections is a 501c3 tax deductible organization.
“Walking the Bridgeless Canyon” book (2014)
Contact Me Via Post
PO Box 19017
Reno, Nevada 89511
Kathy at CanyonwalkerConnections dot com
Subscribe to Canyonwalker Newsletter
- Alan Chambers’ My Exodus — A Book Review October 6, 2015
- Untangling the Mess Presentation in Sacramento, October 17th September 28, 2015
- Ron Belgau, Celibate Gay Catholic, to Present at World Meeting of Families During Papal Visit September 16, 2015
- The Davis Case is About Defying the Rule of Law NOT About Religious Liberty September 3, 2015
- The Creation of Another Christian Martyr — County Clerk Kim Davis September 1, 2015
- The Tipping Point of Christian Love at Charlotte Pride August 26, 2015
- Ray Comfort’s Audacity — Nothing Says — I Have No Respect for You — Like Giving a Copy to a Gay Person August 21, 2015
- Michael Brown’s “Outlasting the Gay Revolution” Continues His Non-Academic Anti-Gay Rantings August 20, 2015
- Kevin DeYoung’s Book — Another Author Lacking Academic Integrity But Telling Us What God “Really Says” Anyway August 2, 2015
- Sisters of Thunder Podcasts with Kathy and Yvette July 30, 2015