I ache inside – I really ache. Many people want nothing to do with Christianity because the public face of Jesus is often ugly and mean. An unholy war of sacred discrimination has been unleashed on the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) community by some extremist Christians. They are vocal and they are dangerous to not […]
Michael Brown interviewed Scott Lively on Brown’s daily radio show “The Line of Fire,” October 19th . Lively, President of Defend the Family, is one of the more prominent staunchly anti-gay activists in the world and Brown, founder of Coalition of Conscience, is quickly gaining status in the US for his similar views. Both cite their Christian faith as […]
Lies create homophobia and hatred in the US and now, visibly, in Uganda. The murder of David Kato is a product of the lies. We may never get the truth of his death, but we do need to deal with the lies.
Church fueled, media pushed, government sanctioned hatred of the gay and trans community in Uganda is brewing to the point of potential genocide. GLBT people in Uganda need help NOW.
UPDATE TO THIS POST ON JANUARY 27, 2010: Yesterday, David Kato, Advocacy Investigations Officer for Sexual Minorities Uganda (SMUG) was murdered in his home when someone attacked him with a hammer to his head. He died on the way to the hospital in Kampala. Four months ago, David was featured on the front cover of […]
“Loosen the chains of injustice, untie the cords of the yoke, set the oppressed free and break every yoke. Then you will be called Repairer of the Breach.” Isaiah 58
The mission of Canyonwalker Connections is to repair the division that exists between social and Christian conservative and the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community through education, training, and dialogue in both secular and religious environments.
Canyonwalker Connections is a 501c3 tax deductible organization.
“Walking the Bridgeless Canyon” book (2014)
Contact Me Via Post
PO Box 19017
Reno, Nevada 89511
Kathy at CanyonwalkerConnections dot com
Subscribe to Canyonwalker Newsletter
- Alan Chambers’ My Exodus — A Book Review October 6, 2015
- Untangling the Mess Presentation in Sacramento, October 17th September 28, 2015
- Ron Belgau, Celibate Gay Catholic, to Present at World Meeting of Families During Papal Visit September 16, 2015
- The Davis Case is About Defying the Rule of Law NOT About Religious Liberty September 3, 2015
- The Creation of Another Christian Martyr — County Clerk Kim Davis September 1, 2015
- The Tipping Point of Christian Love at Charlotte Pride August 26, 2015
- Ray Comfort’s Audacity — Nothing Says — I Have No Respect for You — Like Giving a Copy to a Gay Person August 21, 2015
- Michael Brown’s “Outlasting the Gay Revolution” Continues His Non-Academic Anti-Gay Rantings August 20, 2015
- Kevin DeYoung’s Book — Another Author Lacking Academic Integrity But Telling Us What God “Really Says” Anyway August 2, 2015
- Sisters of Thunder Podcasts with Kathy and Yvette July 30, 2015