The violence against gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people in Russia is not intrinsic to its history. It is a relatively new poison that has seeped into the Russian culture and church, compliments in no small part to American extremists who have been visiting that country over the past decade. [The situation has become dire […]
Last November, on a Friday afternoon at about 4:15, I walked into the lobby of the Family Research Council (FRC) on 8th and G Streets in Washington, DC. I carried with me documented research regarding the impact of rejection on the mental and physical health of gay youth. Of course I knew I would not […]
Exodus International is a “worldwide network of men and women who have found freedom from homosexuality, and the largest Christian ministry dealing with this topic in the world today.” At 25, Mary was in absolute despair and believed she was alone as a Christian struggling with lesbianism. She had been involved in several unhealthy […]
In 2001, if you had asked me, “Kathy, can you be gay and Christian?” I would have hedged a bit and fallen on the side of “No”. I did not have any close relationships with gay people nor had I ever studied the issue in the Bible. I did not even know one gay Christian, […]
Focus on the Family: Stop Lying About Gays FOTF manipulates information, creates homophobia, uses fear and misinformation against homosexuals and gay youth.
[A fore note: I decided to headline this post partially with the exact title of this highly offensive tract. I want to hit the top of the search engines and maybe get some readers that are looking to “Medical Consequences of What Homosexuals Do” as an authoritative piece. I know it is offensive, but busting […]
The Ten Lies about the GLBT Community Told by Conservative Hate Groups | A Straight Christian Perspective
The Family Research Council was placed on the Southern Poverty Law Center list of Hate Groups. Is it because they are conservatives and the GBLT debate does not like what they say, or are they really hateful and tellers of lies that hurt people?
“Loosen the chains of injustice, untie the cords of the yoke, set the oppressed free and break every yoke. Then you will be called Repairer of the Breach.” Isaiah 58
The mission of Canyonwalker Connections is to repair the division that exists between social and Christian conservative and the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community through education, training, and dialogue in both secular and religious environments.
Canyonwalker Connections is a 501c3 tax deductible organization.
“Walking the Bridgeless Canyon” book (2014)
Contact Me Via Post
PO Box 19017
Reno, Nevada 89511
Kathy at CanyonwalkerConnections dot com
Subscribe to Canyonwalker Newsletter
- Alan Chambers’ My Exodus — A Book Review October 6, 2015
- Untangling the Mess Presentation in Sacramento, October 17th September 28, 2015
- Ron Belgau, Celibate Gay Catholic, to Present at World Meeting of Families During Papal Visit September 16, 2015
- The Davis Case is About Defying the Rule of Law NOT About Religious Liberty September 3, 2015
- The Creation of Another Christian Martyr — County Clerk Kim Davis September 1, 2015
- The Tipping Point of Christian Love at Charlotte Pride August 26, 2015
- Ray Comfort’s Audacity — Nothing Says — I Have No Respect for You — Like Giving a Copy to a Gay Person August 21, 2015
- Michael Brown’s “Outlasting the Gay Revolution” Continues His Non-Academic Anti-Gay Rantings August 20, 2015
- Kevin DeYoung’s Book — Another Author Lacking Academic Integrity But Telling Us What God “Really Says” Anyway August 2, 2015
- Sisters of Thunder Podcasts with Kathy and Yvette July 30, 2015